This year I wanted to start a new blog series that highlights some of the products that we offer at Dream Focus Studio. In today’s world, there are a gazillion photographers to choose from. Sometimes it is super hard to even tell what separates each of them. One of the things that Dream Focus Studio prides itself on is that we are a very product driven photography studio. My background and education is in graphic design so I LOVE creating cool designs with beautiful imagery. We are very purposeful about getting your images into an album or on the wall so that you can relish in the warm fuzzy feelings of your special moments. I know for a fact and from my own personal experience that I can not enjoy my images when they are sitting on my computer or even on a CD or jump drive. So I wanted to show come pretty cool things that we love to offer our clients. Starting with……..(drum roll please!) the Signature Album offered to our wedding clients and included in our top two packages. I have searched long and hard to find albums that I would put my own wedding images in. And the Miller’s Signature Album really tops the chart in my search. Here are some reasons why:
1. Sizes. This album comes in a variety of sizes from 5×5 to 15×10. So your album can be a square or rectangular format. Our wedding package comes with your choice of 8×12 or 10×10. You can certainly upgrade to a larger album as well.
2. Custom cover. Most of my brides like having a unique custom cover on their album but, Miller’s also has rolled out some beautiful Leather and linen covers in a variety of color choices to match your wedding colors perfectly. My favorites include the metal print cover and beautiful shimmery pearlescent leather cover.
3. Quality. The print quality is impeccable. There are a variety of paper choices including: Classic Felt press paper, E-Surface (shown here) photographic paper and Fuji Pearl photographic paper with Linen Texture
4. Choices. You also have a choice of square or rounded corners. We went for the rounded corner option for Jessica’s album shown below.
5. THICK!! We love the thick pages that Miller’s offers for these books. Prints are mounted flush to a 1/16″ board, offering a solid feel and a high-end look. You have to feel this to love it. It lays flat very easily on any coffee table surface.
6. We do it!! And finally, the best part about this album is that we do all the work for you. Now I know that a lot of you are saying that you would love to make your album and how fun that would be for you creatively. But, let me just tell you a really sad and vulnerable story of my own:
When I was married, I definitely had the DIY attitude. I mean, come on. I’m a photographer AND graphic designer, I have no excuse technically speaking for not designing my own beautiful wedding album book. So upon receiving my amazing images from my wedding photographer, I put it on my to-do list to create myself an amazing album to cherish for years to come. Now I did find some time to create a parent book for my father a few months after the wedding. This was a huge priority to me because I wanted him to have something nice from our wedding experience. However, I’m embarrassed to say that it is 2 years later and I still have no album for myself. And this wasn’t done at ALL to tell you this sad story. Life just happened. We had a baby and my business took off and life went back to well….. just life. I have priorities and deadlines and a few family emergencies since then put my beautiful DIY album to the back of my priority list. And it remains there to this day. And the images are on a hard drive somewhere that will take some time to dig out and curate. And that time is just not there for me the way I thought it would be. At this point, I would be better off just hiring someone else to take care of it for me. So that’s it. End of sad story and the point is: wouldn’t you just rather have it done and finished? I know, I would. (By the way, I WILL be putting my wedding together in the Signature Album when I get around to it, hopefully in the next 5 years.
I would love to hear any comments you have regarding wedding albums, DIY albums, or your own wedding album experiences.
Photo Credits: Sherry Muldoon, Aggie Brooks
Album: Miller’s Signature Album
Venue: Dallas World Aquarium